Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Growing Chives in Containers is So Easy

Containers are are a great way to grow herbs. You can do this anywhere you have sunshine. I have this container in my front yard. Ever year I had flowers but one day I had extra chive seeds. I just throw them in and watered. Now I have fresh chives for about 7 months a year. They go to seed couple times a year and keep coming back. I do cut the top off some of the chives so some stay longer as new one start.
I also will put other herbs in the pot. Basil, Parsley or any herb. Never buy chive cream cheese again.
This pot is steps out my door and serve as a kitchen herb garden all summer. When container gardening you need to watch the watering. Containers dry out fairly fast. Water at least every other day when container gardening.
This method is great as apartment and condo gardens.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to start a garden. I suppose it is to late to start growing this year?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, but hate spam. Leav well thought out comment and we will post it. :-)