Thursday, May 28, 2009

Buying Vegetables and Tomato Plants for the Garden

This season I didn't over do it with plants for the garden. Almost every season I buy to many plants and they sit in a flat until they even die or bloom. Ive had tomatoes go on plants left in a flat all summer. Not usually eatable though.

This season I bought a six pack of Peppers, 100 Cherry Tomato plant, Early Girl and some other plants in there too.

I didnt buy any Fat Boys or plants that take all season to fruit. In New England we a vine rote that attacks tomato's in Fall. I don't feel like dealing with that this year. One hint to prevent this is to use chicken manure. More about that in a later post.

Notice the heirloom tomato I purchase. BLOODY BUTCHER. I can only assume this name means the fruit is very juice. Not sure if I will like the Bloody Butcher. I like a firm tomato like Roman. They generally have less seeds and juice.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, but hate spam. Leav well thought out comment and we will post it. :-)